Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Have you ever traveled alone?

I had a short experience when I was a junior .it was just a day tour... but my mom and my friends were worried and surprised.
At that time I was bored about everything. i didn't like to go to school. so i decided to refresch myself by traveling Kangnueng in kangwondo.
i took a night train. it took about 6 hours to get there . it was 7 in the morning. i found a small restuarant and i had a breakfast, soup with rice(국밥) there. i had planned to go sokcho beach on foot but the owner of the resturant told me that I couldn't have got there on foot. ..so i took a bus and walked to nine valley waterfall in the seorak mountain. i was a little afraid i would lose my way so i followed a family group... After i arrived at the beach, i walked along the beach.... but i felt lonely and had nothing to do... more boring than at home.... i called my mom and said, " Mom...I'll go back home now... See you..." my mom said, "Why don't you stay longer there? I know you^^ Come back home and have a dinner"... what a short venturous travel!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Hey~ Kelly, the brave woman. I've never traveled alone in my whole life. People think that I'm tough but I am very timid. But the best trip I've ever had is the one that I had with my mother and sister renting a car. Traveling alone is good, but traveling with your best friends would be much better, I think.

April said...

Hi my dearest Kelly

Your short adventure amused me quite a lot. I laughed out loud. You are "You".
Unfortunately, I've not been so independent and brave to travel alone. My mother was very strict, so even after I became a teacher, my curfew was 8pm. Everybody told me that I should be politically independent when I am economically independent. I agreed but I couldn't. What a shame! I've never been so free!

Tranio said...

Hi.Kelly.

I read your long story.
I have never ever traveled alone.
I don't have the confidence to travel alone.
I am not brave.
But I want to travel alone someday.

Bye.

chrisphk said...

Hi~Kelly~
I like your cozy pajama. Where did you buy it?

Let me think.... Yes, I have. When I studied for the exam to be a teacher(임용고시) alone, oneday, I couldn't concentrate on studying and didn't want to do anything. Maybe because of stress.. and loniness... So I left the library and went to Daecheon beach alone. I turned on dancing music loudly while I was driving a car. It took almost two hours to go there. And I walked the beach alone and watched people on the beach. I stayed there just a few hours but it made me think positive. And sometimes I like to shop alone because I can stay and look around shopping malls as much as I want.

Nicole said...

Hi Kelly,
I travel alone quite often and enjoy aspects of it. I like being able to to make my own schedule rather than do what others want to do and I also like meeting people that I might not meet if I were traveling companions.
I don't like eating meals alone so I try to take day trips in cities so that I can eat with the group or I picnic at tourist sites.

Kind Custie said...

No. But someday I will travel alone not in my country but abroad. If abroad, I think I can travel alone.